Welcome to LiveMinutes! Please read these Terms of Service carefully. These Terms of Service create an agreement (the "Agreement") between you and LiveMinutes Inc ("LiveMinutes") regarding your use of LiveMinutes services and associated software ("Services"). All users (paid and free) must agree to this Agreement before using the Services. If you do not agree to this Agreement, please do not click on the "Sign Up" button and do not use the Services. If you are under 18, or if you are considered a minor in your state or country, you must obtain the consent of your parent or legal guardian to register for the Services.
1. Requirements for Use To access the Services, you will need your own computer and high-speed internet access.
2. Registration To register, you will need a user name, email address, and password (the "Registration Information"). You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your Registration Information and for any and all activity that occurs under your account. You agree to notify LiveMinutes of any unauthorized use or breach of your account.
3. Data, Information and Privacy
You agree that LiveMinutes may collect, use, process and store information about you and your use of the Services, including the transfer of such information to the United States and/or another country outside the European Economic Area as well as outside other countries deemed to have adequate data protection laws. You acknowledge that LiveMinutes acts only as a passive conduit of such information, and that LiveMinutes will not monitor or disclose such information, except as needed to provide the Service or as otherwise required by law.
LiveMinutes respects and is committed to protecting your personal information. LiveMinutes collects personal information for a variety of reasons, such as personalizing your experience or providing you with a newsletter subscription. LiveMinutes will inform you of the purpose for collecting personal information when we collect it from you and keep it to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or for legitimate purposes. LiveMinutes will use your personal information for the purpose it was collected and will not use it for a different purpose without first asking for your permission. To update your personal information and communication preference, contact email@example.com or visit the specific product or service web site. LiveMinutes is committed to protecting your personal information against unauthorized use or disclosure. LiveMinutes may use information collected, including technical or diagnostic information, your suggestions or feedback, to maintain, improve and enhance the Services.
4. Your Responsibilities as a LiveMinutes User; License to Your Content
You are responsible for the content of all visual, written or audible communications, files, documents, videos, recordings, and any other material ("Content") used in connection with your account. LiveMinutes will not be liable to you or any others for any loss or damages due to your use of the Services or your Services website. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless LiveMinutes from any and all third party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including, but not limited to, attorneys' fees) arising from your violation of this Section 4.
You agree not to upload, post, email, store, transmit, or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise deemed objectionable by LiveMinutes or its affiliates.
You agree not to upload, post, email, store, transmit, or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letter," "pyramid schemes," "affiliate links," or any other form of solicitation.
You agree not to upload, post, email, store, transmit, or otherwise make available any Content that violates copyright, trademark or other laws protecting intellectual property, or that violates an individual's publicity or privacy rights.
You agree not to upload, download, transmit, store, or otherwise make available any code or material that harms or interferes with any device, software, network or service.
You agree not to violate any laws or regulations in your state or country (including but not limited to laws governing intellectual property rights, online conduct or online content).
You agree that you have all the rights, licenses, and permissions from third parties to use, reproduce, publish, and display Content belonging to others.
LiveMinutes has no control over, and is not responsible for, the privacy of any Content that you have shared with others so always use caution when giving out any personally identifiable or sensitive information.
You automatically grant LiveMinutes and its affiliates, contractors, resellers and partners, a world-wide, royalty-free, sublicensable license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and distribute the Content in order for LiveMinutes to provide you the Services. If you object to any Content on a Services website, your sole remedy is to cease using that website.
5. Software As part of the Service, you may be using the LiveMinutes online meeting application running in your bowser ("Software"). In that event, LiveMinutes agrees to provide you with a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to use the Software in accordance to the terms of this Agreement. You may not use the Software for anything other than as intended by LiveMinutes in connection with your use of the Services. You may not use the Software with any device, program or service designed to circumvent technological measures employed to control access to, or the rights in, a content file or other work protected by copyright laws. All rights not expressly granted by LiveMinutes are hereby reserved. You agree not to take any action to interfere with LiveMinutes's or its supplier's ownership of or rights in the Software. You agree that, unless otherwise permitted in this license or by law, you will not: (i) reproduce, republish, display, frame, download, distribute, or transmit the Software; (ii) to the extent permitted under applicable law redistribute, encumber, sell, rent, lease, loan, sublicense, assign, or otherwise transfer rights to the Software; (iii) modify or create any derivative works based on the Software, including customization, translation, or localization; (iv) copy, reproduce, reuse in another product or service, modify, alter, or display in any manner any software or files, or parts thereof, included as part of the Software; (v) except to the extent expressly permitted by law, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code of the Software, or in any way ascertain, decipher, or obtain the communications protocols for accessing the Software, or the underlying ideas or algorithms of the Software; (vi) create or use any software other than as authorized by LiveMinutes to access the Software; (vii) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Software or to any account, application, platform, computer system or network associated with the Software; (viii) use the Software in any way that violates this Agreement, or any other agreements between you and LiveMinutes or its affiliates, or any law; and (ix) remove or alter any trademark, logo, copyright or other proprietary notices, legends, symbols or labels in or on the Software or associated with the Services.
6. Availability of the Service The Services may not be available in all countries and it may not be available for use in any particular location. You are responsible for following the laws in your state or country. LiveMinutes may make modifications to its features or any services to comply with laws and regulations. LiveMinutes owns all the proprietary rights and interests in the Services and Services websites.
7. Suspension or Termination of Your Account
You agree that LiveMinutes may suspend or terminate your access to the Services without notice if: (a) LiveMinutes determines that you have violated this Agreement or (b) LiveMinutes is required to do so by any court or government authority in any country.
LiveMinutes may, upon such termination, deactivate or delete your account and any related data, information, and files, and bar any further access to such data, information, and files. Such action may include, among other things, accessing your Content or data and/or discontinuing your use of the Services without compensation.
You agree that LiveMinutes has no obligation to monitor your use of the Services but has the right to do so to ensure your compliance with this Agreement, or to comply with any law, order, or requirement of any court or government authority in any country.
You agree to comply with the following sections of this Agreement even after you are no longer using the Services: Sections 3, 4, 5, 7, 10 (as to amounts due and owing), 9 10, 11 and 13.
8. Changes to Services and Prices LiveMinutes provides the current Service for Free, and intends to keep providing a basic level of service for Free. In the future, LiveMinutes intends to introduce paid features. LiveMinutes may discontinue the Service or change the Service or price (including adding and deleting features) without notice or compensation. This includes the possibility to start charging, with the user’s consent, for features that were previously provided for Free.
9. Copyright Policy Regarding Third Parties If you believe that LiveMinutes or any of its affiliates or any user of LiveMinutes has violated a copyright, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. No Warranties To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to use the Services at your own risk. You agree that LiveMinutes and its suppliers, resellers and affiliates will not be responsible for any harm to any device, any loss of data, or any other harm that results from your use of the Services. LIVEMINUTES AND ITS SUPPLIERS, RESELLERS AND AFFILIATES DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" FOR YOUR USE WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY. LIVEMINUTES AND ITS SUPPLIERS, RESELLERS AND AFFILIATES DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, QUIET ENJOYMENT, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. THE LAWS OF CERTAIN STATES AND JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE OR JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
11. Limitation of Liability YOU AGREE THAT LIVEMINUTES, AND ITS SUPPLIERS, RESELLERS AND AFFILIATES WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHERS FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES EVEN IF LIVEMINUTES HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOU AGREE THAT THE LIABILITY OF LIVEMINUTES AND ITS SUPPLIERS, RESELLERS AND AFFILIATES TO YOU FOR ANY CLAIM WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO LIVEMINUTES FOR THE SERVICES IN THE PREVIOUS TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRECEDING THE EVENT OR CIRCUMSTANCES GIVING RISE TO SUCH CLAIM EVEN IF ANY REMEDIES FAIL OF THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. THE LAWS OF CERTAIN STATES AND JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE OR JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
12. Changes to this Agreement LiveMinutes may change the terms of this Agreement and recommends that you review them on a regular basis. You can review the most current version of this Agreement at: http://liveminutes.com/en/terms-of-service. If LiveMinutes makes a change to the terms it will post the revised Agreement at the link above. You agree that your continued use of the Services after this Agreement has been changed means that you have agreed to the changed terms.
13. Other Legal Terms
13.1 Sometimes when you use the Services, you may also use a service or purchase goods which are provided by another person or company. Your use of these other services or goods may be subject to separate terms between you and the company or person concerned, and you agree that LiveMinutes shall have no liability or obligation relating to those services or goods.
13.2 Trade names, trademarks, service marks, logos, and domain names of each party are considered their respective "Marks." As to LiveMinutes's Marks and the Marks of its suppliers, the Mark-owner retains ownership of all proprietary rights in all its Marks associated or displayed with the Services. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any LiveMinutes Marks, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of LiveMinutes without LiveMinutes's express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing LiveMinutes Marks without LiveMinutes's express written consent. You shall retain ownership of all proprietary rights, copyright and any other rights you already hold in your Marks.
13.3 You agree to comply with all laws and regulations in connection with your use of the Services, including, but not limited to: (a) with respect to personally identifiable information sent or received by you, all privacy laws and regulations, (b) laws relating to the recording of communications, including, when required, advising all participants in a recorded LiveMinutes meeting or event that the meeting or event is being recorded or that Content or personal information is being transferred outside the European Economic Area, and (c) laws relating to the use of VoIP-based services. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the right to use the Services where you are located, as well as where your meeting invitees are located. You agree that the use of LiveMinutes is subject to U.S. and local export control laws and regulations. You represent that you are not a citizen of an embargoed country or a prohibited end user under applicable U.S. or local export and anti-terrorism laws, regulations and lists. You agree not to export, re-export, divert, transfer or disclose any portion of the Services or Services websites or any related technical information or materials, directly or indirectly, in violation of any applicable export law or regulation.
13.4 This Agreement, including the documents referred to in this Agreement, are the entire agreement regarding the Services and completely replace any prior agreements. LiveMinutes may assign or delegate its obligations under this Agreement either in whole or in part, without your prior consent.
13.5 Neither party will be responsible for failure of performance due to causes beyond its control, like, for example, accidents of God, labor disputes, shortage of materials, acts of terrorism, or the stability or availability of the Internet or a portion of the Internet.
13.6 You agree that if LiveMinutes does not exercise or enforce any legal right or remedy which is contained in this Agreement, this will not be taken to be a formal waiver of LiveMinutes's rights and that those rights or remedies will still be available to LiveMinutes.
13.7 If for any reason, a provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid, the remaining provisions will continue to be valid and enforceable.
13.8 This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of laws provisions.
Last Update: February 18, 2013